Hi everyone! Last time I had just gathered all the pieces to start on a project that I tore out of a stitching magazine in December 2000. I had already acquired the fabric and organized the floss, so I was raring to go.
And now, after three productive weeks, I'm here:
Weirdly, I'm not so keen on the colors so far... I will say that the fabric in real life is more midnight and less royal, but this set of leaves feels... washed out? Flat? The pattern doesn't call for backstitching so I'm a little worried. But there is a LOT of stitching left to go, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.
I realized that I said last time that I wanted to make up the pillow from the cornflowers project; however I wasn't able to get a better look at her new couch to make sure I got a backing fabric that looked right. So that's a project for this next stretch.
And speaking of projects, don't forget to check out the amazing projects my fellow stitchers are working on -- I love seeing what they're working on! Avis, Claire, Gun, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Heidi, Jackie, Megan, Deborah, Sharon, Daisy, AJ, Cathie, Linda, Helen, Connie, Cindy, and Mary Margaret.